Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Status: Full-Time/Non-Tenure Track
Reports To: Dean, College of Health Sciences
Description: Teaching responsibilities will include classroom and clinical instruction, committee work and academic advising.
NOTE: One of the two positions is contingent upon funding.
Responsibilities Essential Duties:
12-month, faculty nursing position at the Assistant to Associate Professor level to begin January 1, 2014.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Qualifications Minimum Education Requirement:
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution required. Doctorate in Nursing preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Current academic teaching and clinical experience are expected
- Eligibility to practice nursing in the state of Florida
To Apply: Send JU Faculty employment application (see link below), Curriculum Vitae, three letters of reference, and transcripts, via electronic email or surface mail to:
Department of Nursing
2800 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Jacksonville University actively seeks application from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and the academic experience. EOE
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com