Educational institution in upstate New York is seeking a Department Chair for its nursing program.
The successful candidate will oversee full time and part time faculty and staff to effectively prepare students for passage of the NCLEX, foster further development of clinical affiliation agreements within the area's healthcare facilities, ensure adequate instructor coverage for all didactic and clinical portions of the curriculum, facilitate professional placement, and manage student retention.
- The ability to educate faculty, students and administration in the areas of their department's educational needs, curriculum growth, facilities management and program effectiveness.
- Balance a teaching schedule with administrative responsibilities, student needs and faculty management and development on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a cohesive, productive, motivational, and effective work environment among administration, department faculty, and students.
- Works well leading in a team environment and independently, efficiently manages time.
- A minimum of two years of teaching and/or administrative experience in Practical or Registered Nursing programs at secondary or post-secondary level.
- Four or more years of documented full-time experience in Nursing or equivalent part-time experience.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, motivational and communication skills.
- The desire to want students to succeed, graduate and have a rewarding career.
- Strong digital productivity skills and familiarity with instructional technology.
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.); or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) plus a graduate degree which includes twelve semester credit hours of coursework in school administration, supervision, and leadership. Candidates in advanced stages of completion of their graduate degree will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- A valid licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of New York.
Commensurate based on experience.
How to Apply:
Please email Cover letter, Resume/CV and photocopies of college transcripts to email@example.com . Only applications submitted via e-mail will be accepted, please use Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word file formats. Please note "NURSING DEPARTMENT CHAIR" and Upstate New York Campus in the subject line, followed by the candidate's first and last name.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com