West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor, Registered Nursing (RN) for our Orange County Campus to teach in our Simulation Lab. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Campus Dean of Nursing delivers class and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in University activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings. Engages in assessment of student learning outcomes to ensure students meet program and institutional learning outcome requirements.
- Master's or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current California Registered Nurse License and CPR card required.
- Must demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) year's experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
- Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of Instructor in Nursing.
- Current Drivers License.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more
Across our three Southern California campuses, we offer undergraduate degrees in nursing and graduate degrees in nursing and health care management. Our Orange County campus offers one of only four Bachelor of Science Degrees in Dental Hygiene in all of California. Our newest campus in Dallas, Texas offers undergraduate degrees in nursing.
In addition to West Coast University's modern campuses, technologically advanced Simulation Centers and no-cost community Dental Hygiene Clinic, WCU offers a global studies opportunity for top nursing students. With the university's student-centric philosophy and commitment to creating a learning environment that supports academic excellence, WCU prepares graduates for a career they love that meets the needs of the community and demands of the market.
For list of open positions, please visit the "Employment Opportunities" section of our website: http://westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com