Location: Phoenix, AZ Main Campus
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Fine Arts and Production.
What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our faculty creates tomorrow's educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (ground classes) provide indirect and direct support in the development and provision of clinical instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual's teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for a ground/campus part-time Clinical Faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions Graduate Nursing Education Demonstration project, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner students.
This position is located at Grand Canyon University's Main campus at 3300 West Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ 85017. Clinical times may vary. The position is funded through the Graduate Nursing Education Demonstration project through July 31st, 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reinforces didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical application of knowledge and skills related to advance practice nursing.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical objectives.
- Participates in grading written and Clinical performance check-offs.
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Participates in interviewing potential candidates for the FNP program.
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance and to network with our Clinical Preceptors in the community.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- An active and unencumbered Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nursing License in the state of Arizona or compact state.
- National certification in licensed specialty area.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in advanced practice nurse focus of board certification.
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Additional requirements depending on the subject matter taught in the class.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, additional supporting documents are required. Please upload the following documents with your candidate profile. Incomplete applications may not be immediately considered.
1. Copies of any License(s) and/or Certification(s) you may have.
2. Copies of your transcript(s) - unofficial copies are acceptable during the review process. (Please note that official transcripts will be required before you will be eligible to start training).
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com