American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed for over 30 years, and we are currently recruiting an Instructor, Vocational Nursing (VN) for our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, Nursing delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) within the last five (5) years
- Current California Vocational Nurse License required
- Must have or currently attending a course offered by an accredited school in teaching
- Bachelor degree required
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program
- Current Driver's License and CPR card required
- Must meet Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technician (BVNPT) requirements
- Must be knowledgeable in course content and effective in directing/evaluating student learning and laboratory performance
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and exciting career. Your other rewards will include great co-workers, a working environment that promotes learning excellence, and a competitive compensation.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental, and vision plans
Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
Fully vested 401(k) Plan with employer match after 90 days of employment
Flexible and Dependant Spending Accounts
Long/short term disability
Company Paid Life Insurance and more...
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our website: www.americancareercollege.edu
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com