Location: Tucson, AZ Office Location
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, non-denominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Fine Arts and Production.
The College of Nursing at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor for our Family Nurse Practitioner program in our Tucson office. The Assistant Professor provides instruction that incorporates current evidence-based knowledge, teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline of advanced practice nursing.
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum using a variety of teaching methodologies to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Compiles, administers and grades examinations or assigns this work to others.
- Evaluates graduate student didactic and clinical development and achievement.
- Must maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours).
- Remains current in the field of expertise through faculty practice time and continuing education.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required. Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
- Three or more years of teaching and/or relevant nursing/medical experience.
- An active and unencumbered Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nursing License in the state of Arizona or compact state.
- National certification in licensed specialty area.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
Grand Canyon University's exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com