West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor, Registered Nursing (RN) for our Orange County Campus to teach in our Simulation Center.
Under the general supervision of the Campus Dean of Nursing and direct supervision of the Simulation Center Manager, Simulation faculty collaboratively develops simulation sessions supporting the nursing curriculum including orientation, pre-simulation assignments, development and facilitating clinical scenarios, debriefing and remediation. Simulation faculty are dedicated to the mission and vision of WCU and the Simulation Center goals, which includes interprofessional education and community partner simulation collaboration.
The purpose of the West Coast University simulation program is to expose students to real clinical situations through the use of technology as an additional learning modality in support of the nursing and allied health programs. WCU simulation program seeks the highest quality learning experiences for our learners with faculty who are trained in following the principles and guidelines of the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL).
- Master's or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current California Registered Nurse License and CPR card required, ACLS preferred.
- Must demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of recent experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
- Must be approvable by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) for Instruction.
- Superior communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with high tech devices and computers is needed.
- A strong preference will be shown for candidates with prior Simulation-based education experience and/or has the Certification for Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE)
- Must have a current Driver's License.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more
Across our three Southern California campuses, we offer undergraduate degrees in nursing and graduate degrees in nursing and health care management. In addition to West Coast University's modern campuses, technologically advanced Simulation Centers and no-cost community Dental Hygiene Clinic, WCU offers a global studies opportunity for top nursing students. With the university's student-centric philosophy and commitment to creating a learning environment that supports academic excellence, WCU prepares graduates for a career they love that meets the needs of the community and demands of the market.
For list of open positions, please visit the "Employment Opportunities" section of our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com