The College of Nursing is a baccalaureate program for the preparation of a professional nurse. The nursing faculty view nursing as a Christian ministry and as a professional practice. The faculty position begins August 2014.
- Teaching nursing classroom theory and/or clinicals
- Student advising as assigned
- University committee service as assigned
- Departmental duties as assigned
- Resolve problem situations between courses within the same level.
- Participate with team in evaluation of semester.
- Participate in team meetings for the purpose of coordination of classes during a given semester.
- Monitor the individualized plan of study for advisee.
- Advise student about enrollment in relation to plan of study.
- Monitor addition and withdrawal from courses.
- Keep degree check sheet current in student's file.
- Advice transfers regarding courses.
- Advise students of financial/economical implications of enrollment changes.
- Monitor student's progress in program.
- Meet with student as needed. Meet with freshmen at least twice during each semester of first year.
- Communicate with student as needed regarding midterm grade report, honor roll, etc.
- Be available to talk about student concerns.
- Refer students as needed for personal or career counseling.
- Advise student about professional decisions as appropriate.
- Arrange orientation for the clinical agencies.
- Coordinate Background Check and Drug Screen process for students with Certified Background.
- Coordinate and oversee all clinical requirements for students and faculty (immunizations, CPR, etc)
- Coordinate orientation for adjunct faculty.
- Communicate with agency staff to build relationships.
- Verify all agency contracts are up to date for all agencies being used each semester.
- Verify all preceptor information is up to date prior to being used each semester.
- Evaluation of clinical sites with agency staff, faculty, and student responses.
- Recruit clinical sites and clinical faculty prior to each semester.
- Review and develop clinical scheduling of all clinical sections prior to each semester
- Ensure that the counseling record spread sheet is updated each semester. Monitor and report trends for Undergraduate Faculty
Applicants must submit a letter of application, and OBU Faculty application form: http://ift.tt/1dfJEWX , vita, three current letters of recommendation, and graduate transcripts. Review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Scan completed application along with other requested materials and send to email@example.com.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Possess and demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Be able to assess student ability and adjust teaching as appropriate
- Be able to advise students
- Knowledge of online education delivery methods
- Preferred: DNP or PhD in Nursing and current nursing license in Oklahoma
- Required: Masters of Science in Nursing and current nursing license in Oklahoma
- Preferred: Teaching experience
- Required: Minimum of two years of nursing experience
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Oklahoma Baptist University
- Active member in a local evangelical church
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com