- Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and refinement of the overall School of Nursing functions, including curriculum and course development.
- Support the mission, goals and philosophy established for the department and School of Nursing in implementing respective courses.
- Provide continuity between the course objectives, course content, learning experiences, and evaluation.
- Provide a positive learning environment for students, and support departmental statements on learning and implement appropriate educational approaches, which support the course objectives.
- Participate in School of Nursing meetings and committees.
- Serve as an advisor to students and applicants.
- Work cooperatively with individuals/groups in various agency settings.
- Collaborate with representatives educational and professional communities.
- Participate in scholarly and professional activities.
- Provide courses on-campus, on-line, and in clinical settings.
- Master's degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing or a nursing clinical specialty.
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement: Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in these content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status. Course Construction, Teaching/Instructional Methods, Student Outcomes Assessment/Evaluation and Philosophy of Community and Technical College Education.
- Prior online experience using the Desire 2 Learn platform or equivalent information management system
- Teaching experience in associate degree registered nursing education
- Background in more than one of the following: Psych/Mental Health, Adult Health, Community Health, Medical/Surgical and/or Maternal/Child specialties, with cross-specialty skills sets desirable
- Experience teaching at a post-secondary institution
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations
- Persons providing a reference should be adivsed of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at http://ift.tt/1f7PUF9
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehcile Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle User Agreement form and conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
Apply online: http://ift.tt/KIVDFK ployment/faculty_administrator/
- A complete applications will include:
- Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts at time of hire)
- Contact information for three professional references
Inquires: Ruth Landt, Department Director
mailto: email@example.com, 218-333-6659
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty which can be found at:
- For additional information regarding the Credentialing requirements, please refer to the College Faculty Credentialing website:
August 19, 2014
February 25, 2014
Send materials to:
Northwest Technical College
Bemidji, MN 56601
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site:
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com