The position can include, and is not limited to a focus on nursing administration, nursing education, and DNP curriculum.
PhD or equivalent degree in Nursing or related field and Master's required, one or both must be in Nursing. Doctoral candidates will be considered. Academic experience at the graduate level is preferred. Eligibility for licensure in Indiana. National certification in nursing expertise is preferred.
- Experience with distance education methods
- Experience and a track record of innovation and the ability to challenge assumptions and the status quo.
- Experience with diverse learners
- Demonstrated understanding of leadership theory and complexity science and how to apply it to innovation leadership in health care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff.
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community partners
- Didactic, online, and instruction with specialty area
- Demonstration of current knowledge in field with ability to translate and extend that knowledge to students
- Incorporation of scholarly and creative activities into practice and teaching
- Participation and leadership through appointed and service activities that contribute to the department, college, university and community
Indiana State is a EEO and conducts recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or citizenship status.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received after March 30, 2014 cannot be ensured consideration.
ISU encourages the applications of men, women, and minority scholars; ISU has a higher percentage of diverse and multicultural students than any other Indiana university.
Interested applicants may apply online at http://ift.tt/1eUXu3U
This position is dependent on funding.
Basic Purpose & Scope: n/a
Responsibilities: The applicant should be a leader and researcher in nursing. We are seeking a candidate who will successfully carry a substantial teaching load, contribute to curriculum development and assessment, and deliver excellent online teaching and student advisement. The ideal candidate will bring with them a track record of online teaching of advanced practice nursing in an academic setting. The Department of Advanced Practice Nursing in the College of Nursing, Health, and Human Services invites applications for a tenure track position in the MS of Nursing and/or DNP concentrations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Teach and advise within the Department including: ongoing development and evaluation of curriculum;
- Maintaining scholarship agenda;
- and teaching assignments in other nursing graduate courses
- Rank commensurate with credentials and experience
Required Education: PhD or equivalent degree in Nursing or related field and Master's required, one or both must have a nursing focus. Will consider doctoral candidates.
Required Skills: Demonstration of current knowledge and practice in field with ability to translate and extend that knowledge to students. Incorporation of scholarly and creative activities into practice and teaching.
Participation and and leadership through appointed and voluntary activities that contribute to the department, college, university and community. Experience teaching in Nursing Education/Nursing Administration is recommended.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com