American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed for over 30 years, and we are currently recruiting an Assistant Director of Nursing for our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented nurse to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing assists with providing leadership in managing and implementing a comprehensive post-secondary adult vocational nursing program for delivery in support of College, campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet workplace and placement expectations. Participates in budget preparation and fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, and selection/coordination of program specific external clinical facilities and instruction. Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a registered nurse. One (1) year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state accredited or approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five (5) years; or a minimum of three (3) years experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last five (5) years
- Bachelor degree from an accredited school required
- Master's degree in nursing preferred
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in the specialty field or subject area
- Must have completed a course or courses offered by an accredited school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) License required
- Current Driver's License and CPR Card required
- Must have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) prior to assuming the role of Assistant Director of Nursing
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, ABHES, BVNPT, BPPE, and other accreditation standards
- Experience with MS Office
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Fully vested 401(k) Plan with employer match after 90 days of employment
- Flexible and Dependant Spending Accounts
- Long/short term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance and more.
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our website: http://ift.tt/1cpWT7c
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com