|Institution:||Western Governors University|
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual Student Support:
- Reach out to assigned students immediately with positive orientation welcome and planning phone call with follow-up email.
- Conduct conscientious outreach communication with students through telephone, email, and other means to promote student progress, satisfaction, and graduation, Such outreach is usually immediate following task scoring, when there are submission delays, and at student request (within 1 business day).
- Make note of all individual student communications in degree plan, elaborating upon items requiring additional support.
- Assist students with pacing their capstone tasks to make steady progress to complete their capstone assessments within the assigned term.
- Evaluate within 3 working days (or earlier) all assigned written capstone tasks for each student with meaningful, helpful, accurate and consistent feedback, adhering to best assessment practices that ensure the quality of all capstone products and procedures.
- Guide the development and approval of student capstone topics.
- Serve as the initial level Institutional Review Board representative by approving students 3rd Party Employer Permission and/or Informed Consent Form (if applicable).
- Conduct the oral defense with assigned students following video and archival preparation procedures, depending on capstone model type.
Capstone Team Player
- Confer immediately and continually with Capstone Supervisor about any student matters requiring additional support, resources, and/or approval for resolution.
- Actively participate in meetings as outlined by the Evaluation Director, Capstone Manager, and/or Capstone Supervisor.
- Provide feedback to Capstone Supervisor to help improve course and processes, balancing student satisfaction and quality academic standards.
- Nominate candidates and assist with selection of the very highest quality capstones for the Capstone Excellence Awards.
- Assist with scoring efforts in other areas for which qualified when needed.
- Abide by policies and procedures to maintain compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Abide by policies established by the WGU Human Resources department.
- Track and report hours worked accurately in the ADP system.
- Notify Capstone Supervisor of planned absences ahead of time. Two weeks notice is expected for extended time away (longer than 48 hours) so that adequate coverage can be arranged to ensure scoring.
- Satisfactorily perform other duties as assigned.
- Understanding and appreciation of competency-based education model.
- Fluency with performance-based measurement practices and procedures an asset.
- Familiarity with higher education assessment policies, issues, and practices desired.
- Fluent use of educational technological platforms and common office software packages
- Must be able to spend significant time working on the telephone and at a computer.
- Superior written and oral communications as well as computer application skills.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
- Minimum earned Doctorate Degree in a field related to Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse License. A license in a Nurse Licensure Compact State is preferred.
- Three years of work experience in a field related to Nursing.
- Experience assessing performance evaluations preferred.
- Experience in supervising major academic endeavors such as senior projects, theses, and practicums preferred.
- Expertise in WGU academic processes and procedures preferred.
WORK FROM HOME, United States
|Contact:||Western Governors University|
|Online App. Form:||http://ift.tt/KUNcb3 o&company_id=16417&jobid=2295&jobboardid=101|
More Information on Western Governors University
- Institutional Profile
- Current openings for Western Governors University on HigherEdJobs.
- Main Website
- Employment at Western Governors University
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com