West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor, RN for our Ontario Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Campus Dean of Nursing, the Instructor, RN supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose, and goals by focusing extensively on facilitating student learning with prescribed course and program methods. At West Coast University, our faculty provides professional leadership and support; serves as an educator, role model, mentor, and facilitator. The Instructors we hire create an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability while vigorously upholding a culture of academic integrity. The right candidate will provide program-specific expertise and be actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Additionally, they will support University, Campus, and departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace, and placement expectations. They will also actively and substantively participate in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or higher from an accredited college or university which includes course work in education or administration required.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required.
- Must be approvable by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) meaning at least one year's continuous, full-time experience in direct patient care practice as a registered nurse within the last five years.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Current Driver's License.
- Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of professional expertise on the basis of theory and clinical-based experience in medical/surgical nursing and one other nursing specialty including Obstetrics, Psychiatric Mental Health, or Gerontology.
- Recent classroom experience or clinical teaching in an accredited nursing program.
- Knowledge of curriculum design and development.
For list of open positions, please visit the "Employment Opportunities" section of our website: http://ift.tt/1469hoE
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com