Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) is seeking an experienced clinical track faculty member to serve as Faculty Lead for the Second Career Program. This position is a .50 FTE and is expected to be filled during the Winter 2014 term. The major foci of this appointment will be:
- Manage the Second Career Program including logistics; works with the Office of Student, Academic and Multicultural Services (OSAMS) with scheduling, course implementation, and meets with the placement office with regards to placements.
- Communicate frequently with the Second Career students regarding their needs and issues.
- Communicate frequently with the Second Career faculty regarding student issues, curriculum and course implementation.
- Communicate with School of Nursing faculty regarding program implementation and evaluation.
- Plan and implement the evaluation of the Second Career Program in conjunction with the UMSN evaluation plans.
- Evaluate the Second Career Program.
- Lead groups addressing curriculum, curriculum modification, faculty discussion regarding the Second Career Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not exhaustive of all associated responsibilities.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The confidential review of applicants will occur as they are received and will continue until the position is filled.
In addition to applying online applicants are requested to send a cover letter, current curriculum vita, evidence of teaching/clinical experience/teaching statement, scholarship/practice statement, service statement, three (3) to five (5) examples of scholarly products, three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of your highest earned degree and current Michigan nursing license to: email@example.com. Please reference: Faculty Lead Second Career Program in the subject line; or submit materials to: Office of Human Resources (please reference: Faculty Lead Second Career Program), University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482.
- Master's degree in nursing required at minimum. Doctorate in nursing required for professorial rank.
- Current MI nursing license.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements.
- Demonstrate competence in clinical practice necessary to provide instruction to students in cluster or specialty areas.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills
- Desire work that engages in the educational mission.
- Demonstrate ability to function well in interdisciplinary settings.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com