Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing (UMSN) is seeking a Clinical Track Faculty Cluster Lead focusing on the educational approach to integrate education, practice and research. This exciting position requires innovative thinking and actualizing a model that fosters integration of faculty from the UMSN with our colleagues at the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS). Expertise in leadership, clinical education, interpersonal skills, and implementation of new models of care delivery and education are among the required characteristics being sought for this position. Among the expectations for this position are: 1) fostering scholarship development, 2) delivery of high quality of care and innovations with students, staff and colleagues within a specified cluster of inpatient units; 3) overseeing Clinical Track Faculty roles within the cluster; 4) addressing and resolving issues that may arise as this new model is implemented; 5) working with the UMSN and UMHS leadership to define and track outcomes of this new model and 6) coordinating cluster staffing and activities, mentoring and coaching cluster faculty.
If you are seeking an exciting full-time position that is transforming education of students, we encourage you to apply.
The University of Michigan (U-M) is a world-class research institution. The UMSN offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top schools of nursing in the country. The UMHS excels in medical education, patient care and research. UMHS is an award-winning health care system and premier academic medical center. Please visit our websites at http://ift.tt/1ePEBzd and http://ift.tt/XpDqCG. Together we have built a strong community partnership.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The confidential review of applicants will occur as they are received and will continue until the position is filled.
In addition to applying online applicants are requested to send a cover letter, current curriculum vita, evidence of teaching experience/teaching statement, scholarship/practice statement, service statement, three (3) to five (5) examples of scholarly products, three (3) letters of recommendation, and copies of your doctorate degree and current Michigan nursing license to: Office of Human Resources, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 1349, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482.
For further information regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doctorate in nursing required or highly related field.
- Current MI nursing license.
- Prior to start date must be in compliance with all health requirements.
- Demonstrate competence in clinical practice necessary to provide instruction to students in cluster or specialty areas.
- Experience managing/overseeing individuals and groups/teams.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills
- Desire work that engages in the educational mission.
- Demonstrate ability to function well in teams and interdisciplinary settings.
Additional qualifications (dependent on professorial rank):
- A record of scholarly attainment in the area of advanced practice nursing including publications, evidence-based practice guidelines and other forms of scholarship.
- A reputation among colleagues for outstanding achievements and recognized contributions in their field of expertise.
- An admirable record of academic, professional and community service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not exhaustive of all associated responsibilities.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com