Budget Title: same as above
Department: Outpatient Physical Therapy
State Classified Position
State Line#: 14787
Campus: Stony Brook University Hospital
Required Qualifications: Must have taken and passed the specific job related Civil Service exam and be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service list.
Brief Description of Duties: Nursing Station Clerk I:
- Serves as a receptionist for physical and occupational therapy patients at 33 Research Way and 14 Technology Dr.
- Performs the intake of patient orders appropriately and effectively.
- Schedules outpatient appointments (PT,OT, Hand Therapy) accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner. Develops a good understanding of the patient schedule system in order to respond to patient and staff queries related to the same.
- Contacts patients to confirm appointments.
- Sets up and process patient's charts from initial visit through discharge efficiently and effectively.
- Assures that all outpatients are appropriately registered for therapy services. Performs arrival and discharge computer functions.
- Processes/files insurance forms effectively. Assists with insurance verifications as needed.
- May occasionally assist with charge entry or insurance verification with oversight by senior staff.
- Handles phone communications accurately, cordially, and appropriately.
- Performs clerical duties, ie, filing and photocopying accurately and effectively.
- Assists with the processing of incoming and outgoing mail appropriately.
- Interacts and works well with other clerical employees, clinical staff, patients, medical staff and others.
Other Duties: As assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: 1 full-time day position - 11:30 am - 7:30 pm - Monday through Friday. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*Acute Care is defined as medical services provided for illnesses that are short-term (usually less than 30 days), intense, and have a relatively severe to very severe course, requiring knowledge and expertise in the vigilant monitoring of subtle changes in the patient's condition, as well as ability to quickly recognize and identify potential problems and conditions resulting from a previous disease.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Apply on-line, or send state application, resume and cover letter to:
Stony Brook Medicine
Department of Human Resources
3 Technology Drive - Suite 100
East Setauket, NY 11733-4073
INTERNAL ZIP = 9300
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://ift.tt/15ROuYJ
Job Category: D2) Nursing - Open to all.
Posting Date: 01/17/2014
Additional Categories: C) Secretarial and Clerical positions (including Administrative Assistant).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com