Term Faculty (DNP)
This 12-month term (non-tenure-track) faculty position will contribute to DNP-program curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; teach in graduate or undergraduate areas; make ongoing scholarly contributions to nursing science, including the incorporation of evidence-based practice into teaching and clinical activities and the publication of manuscripts; maintain a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession, and community; and maintain a program of clinical practice that serves as a site and model for APRN practice and clinical education. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Virginia
- Experience in an advanced practice role
- Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
- Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
- Proven record of, or potential for, grantsmanship to develop educational grants
- Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU's Quest for Distinction ( www.future.vcu.edu/)
- Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
- ·Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching in classroom or clinical settings
- Contributes to curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
- Maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence to practice, presentations or manuscript publications.
- Mentors faculty and students in development and/or application of scholarly programs
- Maintains a program of active practice in specialty area
- Maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community
- Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
Apply: Please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Tedra Baskerville, Human Resources Coordinator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, or email@example.com .
Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com