American Career College (ACC) has been helping people succeed for over 30 years, and we are currently recruiting a Part Time Clinical and Theory Instructor, Vocational Nursing (VN) for our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a service oriented individual to help our students begin their journey toward their new careers.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director, Nursing delivers class and/or clinical instructions according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars and in-service training sessions. Participates in school activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) within the last five (5) years
- Current active California Vocational Nurse License required
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) is required
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field or subject area in which they teach
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program
- Current Driver's License and CPR card required
- Must have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technician (BVNPT) prior to assuming the role of Instructor
- Must be knowledgeable in course content and effective in directing/evaluating student learning and laboratory performance
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and exciting career. Your other rewards will include great co-workers, a working environment that promotes learning excellence, and a competitive compensation.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Fully vested 401(k) Plan with employer match after 90 days of employment
- Flexible and Dependant Spending Accounts
- Long/short term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance and more...
To learn more and to apply for this exciting opportunity, visit our website: http://ift.tt/1cpWT7c
ACC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
See Job Description
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com