What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our faculty fosters tomorrow's educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through a strong dedication to our students. If you possess the qualifications listed below and an enthusiasm to share your knowledge with students at our campus location in Phoenix, we invite and encourage you to explore this singular opportunity.
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Fine Arts and Production and College of Theology.
Immediate part-time, Clinical Ground Adjunct instructors needed for Med Surg, Mental Health, Pediatrics, Community Health, Home Health, and Maternal Child (OB) - (Albuquerque, NM):
The Adjunct for the College of Nursing (ground classes) will provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual's teaching assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades assessments.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years in teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Masters of Science in nursing degree in the area of study for all other courses.
- Bachelors of Science in nursing degree required to teach Clinical.
- In order to teach for GCU in the College of Nursing, you must have a valid RN and/or AP license.
- Additional requirements depending on the subject matter taught in the class.
Grand Canyon University promotes a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing for this position. In addition, employees may be subject to periodic random drug testing.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com