All Ranks Faculty
This 12 month tenure-track faculty position in the School of Nursing is open to all ranks (Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor) and will maintain an active program of research; be involved in teaching, advisement, and mentorship of students; and be committed to service to the School of Nursing, university, profession, and community. The candidate will provide leadership in furthering the research mission of the school and university and will contribute to innovation in nursing science. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and preparation.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Demonstrated or potential excellence in teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated or potential excellence in leadership skills, including excellence in working effectively with others
- Demonstrated achievement in scholarship with an established or developing program of interdisciplinary research that complements the areas of emphasis within the School, including but not limited to biobehavioral, symptom management, outcomes/quality, and health promotion research across the life span
- Demonstrated research productivity, including a record of or potential for obtaining external research funding and publications, and cogent plans for future research
- Demonstrated excellence in and passion for mentoring colleagues and students
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
- Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing, with active RN/APRN license or eligible for licensure in Virginia
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU's Quest for Distinction ( www.future.vcu.edu/)
- Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, research, and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
- Implements a program of research leading to external funding
- Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
- Mentors faculty and students in development of programs of research
- Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching across programs
- Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
Apply: Please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Tedra Baskerville, Human Resources Coordinator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://ift.tt/1jlg4Ys .
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability .
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com