Faculty, LVN Nursing (#12978) KW
- Participates as a member of a teaching team in preparation and instruction within the LVN program.
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Provides instruction in the classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Teaches courses at a variety of times and locations.
- Communicates objectives for student performance to the clinical facility administration and nursing staff.
- Plans, supervises and evaluates student clinical experience in assigned health care facilities.
- Plans and actively participates in remediation of students who require extra help to successfully complete the program.
- Initiates conferences with students encountering clinical difficulties.
- Provides timely, quality access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Advises students in academic matters.
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Submits required college reports and forms on time.
- Continuously improves instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods, including collaborative learning, learning communities, service learning, instructional technology and distance education.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Works collaboratively with others with schedule development, marketing events, faculty recruitment, hiring, classroom observation, student recruitment and retention efforts, budget development and special events.
- Serves as a community resource person and represents the college to outside groups when requested
- Develops and pursues linkages with area high schools, businesses and industries.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing and 3 years of non-teaching work experience in the field.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE
To learn of all available opportunities go to: http://ift.tt/KIVGkM. Search by keyword or click the "Advanced Search" link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, mail or hand delivery.
Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. At the conclusion of each search all applicants will be notified via e-mail. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com