Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona's leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing is seeking a part-time Assistant Professor for our Tucson office. This position will develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual's teaching assignment by performing the following:
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum using a variety of teaching methodologies to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Must maintain the equivalent of a two course load (8 credit hours).
- Master's degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities.
- Three or more years of teaching and/or relevant nursing/medical experience.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state is required.
GCU's exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan. We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity.
by Shane Turner via NursingFacultyJobs.com